Please don’t form the impression this blog is about Christians moralising or being ‘holier than thou’.
It really isn’t.
It’s about something that wrecks and ruins human lives while people involved in it don’t notice what’s happening, and it’s a secret addiction that Jesus Christ can really do something about.
Covenant Eyes have just released an alarming collection of porn statistics. If you don’t think porn is a significant problem, both in the wider culture and in the church, then please take time to look at these figures. Here’s a sample
- 340,000,000 plus searches for porn since the beginning of 2013
- 88 percent of scenes in porn movies contain acts of physical aggression
- 1 in 2 pastors say porn is strong temptation, but only 1 in 4 make themselves accountable for their internet use
- 1 in 2 Christian men and 1 in 5 Christian women admit to being addicted to porn
- 9 out of 10 boys and 6 out of 10 girls have been exposed to online porn before the age of 18
- 7 out of 10 teenagers hide their online activity from their parents
- 2 out of 3 young men and 1 in 2 young women say viewing…
View original post 96 more words